My name is Andrea, and I go as “Ichigokitty” or “Misatonpenpen”
- Birthday: June 24th
- Cosplaying since: 2002
- Nationality: .5 Italian, .25 German
- Height: 5’3″
- Eye color: brown
- Hair color: brown
- Favorite color: teal
- Hobbies: Martial arts, Music, Cosplay
- College Graduate
I’ve always been a big fan of Japanese culture and animation! I got into it when I was around the age of 10 and I was instantly hooked. I got all of my friends into it and it was great fun for us. Through watching anime, I’ve picked up on Japanese cultural trends and I’ve also learned a bit of the language. While at my University, I was able to take four semesters of Japanese language, and I’ve also traveled to Japan for two months in 2007. I have a minor in Asian Studies, so I feel as if I have a pretty good grasp on what asian culture is about.
I’m a big fan of science and especially natural science! I have a degree in interdisciplinary studies which includes focuses on biological and social science. I hope I can do more towards this interest down the line, but it will always be a deep love of mine. I love to learn new things~! This leads to me wanting to cosplay lots of scientist-type characters!
When I was 8 years old, I remember getting my first game system: the Sega Genesis, and I was SO excited. I’ve been a fan of video games ever since, and Sonic has always been really close to my heart. Now I own a Wii, Dreamcast, Atari, DS, PSII, and PS3. I love the Zelda games, Mario, Sonic, Disgaea, Phoenix Wright and a bunch of others!
Friends and family are very important to me. I’m also a very honest person and a big lover of animals. For the longest time I wanted to be a vet or an orca trainer at Sea World. I currently have two cats, a snake, and the cutest pomeranian you’ve ever seen. I also occasionally volunteer with tigers and other wildlife.
I am passionate about conservation of wildlife and the environment. I hope to make a difference with this one day.
Find me online:
2016: Taiyoucon, Otakuthon, Katsucon, Anime North, Anime Next
2015: Taiyoucon, Saboten con, Fanime, Con-nichiwa, Anime LA, Anime Expo
2014: Taiyoucon, Pacific Media Expo, Katsucon
2013: PAX east, Otakon, Katsucon, Fanime
2012: Katsucon, Fanime, AWA
2011: Katsucon, Anime Boston, Otakon
2010: Anime Boston, Fanime, Otakon, Anime USA
2009: Megacon, AWA, TNT17, Magyk Expo, AFO, Anime Expo, Anime South
2008: Megacon, Otakon, AWA, Anime South, Jacon, EXP con, Anime Expo
2007: JACON, Anime Expo, NYAF, Janicon, Megacon, Summer Comiket, Anime South, AWA
2006: Anime Expo, AFO, Dragon*con, AWA, Anime Express
2005: Metrocon, Anime Express, Megacon,
2004: Metrocon, Dragon*con, AWA, AFO
2003: Megacon, JACON, Metrocon, AFO
2002: Jacon, Necronomicon
- Anime Boston 2011: Best in Show (Persona 4) with other group members
- Anime Boston 2010: Best Performance (Umineko) with other group members
- AWA 2009: Mao with 4 other group members(Disgaea 3) Best construction
- Megacon 2009: Mao with one other group member (Disgaea 3) “Best group”
- AWA 2008: “Creamsickle” Syaoran (Card Captor Sakura)- Most Accurate
- Otakon 2008: Washu (Tenchi Muyo)- First place Journeyman
- Megacon 2008: Midna (Zelda: Twilight Princess) – Best in Show
- Jacon 2007: Deedlit (Record of Lodoss War)- Staff award
- AFO 2006: Duelist Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena) – First place intermediate division
- Anime Express 2006: Movie 1 Akane (Ranma ½) – best likeness to character
- AWA 2006: Duelist Utena (Revolutionary Girl Utena) – Best Anime/manga
- Metrocon 2003: Tokyo Mew Mew group – Best in Show
- Cosplaylab Lookalike: Mew Ichigo (Tokyo Mew Mew)- second place
- Cosplaylab Lookalike: Season 3 Katara (Avatar) – Second place
- Cosplaylab Lookalike: Buu Saga Bulma (DBA) – honorable mention
- I was Acy, from acparadise.com’s pick for July 2005
I was also Metrocon’s first and second year mascot.
Judging events and panels
I have been asked to judge at the following conventions in the past:
- TaiyouCon 2015- Phoenix, AZ
- TaiyouCon 2014- Phoenix, AZ
- TNT17 2009- Mexico City
- Metrocon 2005- Tampa, Fl
- Metrocon 2004- Tampa, Fl
If you would like to have me judge at your convention, send me an email, I’d love to consider it!
I ran the Maid Cafe at Anime South in 2008-2009.
What is Cosplay?
Cosplay is a very common event for convention attendees to partake in. As you could probably guess it is named after the fusion of the words costume and play.
Basically, cosplayers are people who decide to make (or wear) costumes of specific characters usually from games, anime, books or movies. Sometimes cosplay involves acting in character or doing skits, sometimes it is solely about the construction and presentation of the costume.
I am a cosplayer because I find it to be a wonderful creative outlet and something that keeps me busy and interested. It’s also a great way to make friends and it is one of the reasons I have gotten to travel to many places.